Skincare, grooming, and wellness are becoming more important to men. And it’s becoming easier for men to get help from companies and experts. This is a good thing! There used to be a taboo around the active skincare needs of men, which is slowly disappearing for good.
You may be asking yourself: What’s the best way for me to take care of my body? How should I handle my skin? What do I do about grooming?
Here are some basic ways to start taking care of your skincare and grooming needs.
Skincare is essential
- Skin Care is important: Your skin is your largest organ, so you must take care of it. If you don’t take proper care of your skin, it will age prematurely. That means you’ll be more prone to wrinkles and other issues with an old face (such as liver spots).
- Take care of your health: If you’re not taking good care of yourself now, when will you start? It’s essential to keep yourself healthy by eating well and exercising regularly. Skincare helps maintain a robust immune system so you can live longer while looking younger than your age!
- Take care of how people perceive others: People will judge how good-looking they think someone looks based on their outward appearance—and one thing most people notice right away is whether someone has nice-looking skin (or not). Good hygiene doesn’t just mean washing off dirt or grease; it also involves keeping up appearances for others to respect not only us but also like us!
Moisturising after showering is essential because it locks in moisture. The best time to moisturise is right before bed if you can. If not, ensure you regularly apply a good quality moisturiser throughout the day.
You should use a moisturiser appropriate for your skin type (e.g., oily or dry) and one with sunscreen in it if you’re going outside. Choosing a fragrance-free product is also essential, so it doesn’t clash with other scents (like cologne).
Active skincare tips
This simple routine can be done in the morning and evening.
- Cleanse and moisturise your face: This will remove dirt, oil, makeup and dead skin cells from your face. It would help if you always used a gentle cleanser to avoid irritating your skin.
- Exfoliate: You should exfoliate at least twice per week using a scrub or mask with ingredients such as glycolic acid to help keep pores clean and clear. Products that contain hyaluronic acid are also great because they hydrate the skin while providing antioxidants that protect it against free radicals.
- Wear sunscreen: Sunscreen helps prevent sun damage by protecting your skin from UV radiation which causes wrinkles, age spots and even cancer! Use one with an SPF of 30 or higher (but make sure you reapply every 2 hours). Sunscreens also need zinc oxide as an active ingredient for protection against UVA rays (which cause ageing) and UVB rays (which cause burns).
Remember, your skin is important and needs to be taken care of. Skincare products are not just for women; men should also follow a regular skincare routine to look their best and stay healthy. We hope these tips will help you achieve healthy-looking and feeling skin!
Different products and skincare solutions are specifically available for men’s skin types and requirements. It is easy to find them online as there are multiple options available. You can simply search on Google to find various relevant results in Australia.