This is a guest post by Dr. Vikram Chauhan.
If you have kidney stones, it becomes very painful to urinate and also causes irritation and a burning sensation in your vagina, if you are female. There is a medical name for kidney stones, called urolithiasis.
Usually, the common salts, calcium, and minerals get accumulated, which turns into a hard ball as time passes by. You might also vomit or bleed. Initially
Dehydration is the main reason for the appearance of kidney stones. When you get dehydrated the food moves at the snail’s pace in the kidneys. So the wastage of minerals and salts get together, forming a clout. Small lumps are easily pulled out through urine, you may opt for an allopathic surgery for instant relief, but instant remedy has its pains. 50% of people have the chance of feeling the same pain after 5 to 10 years.
Better opt for a permanent solution, which is available at your home only. Just be alert in consuming certain foods that can prevent you from kidney stone
1. Better Stay Hydrated: It is mostly recommended to drink lots of liquids because liquids dilute the formation of any lumps and the urine keeps flushing out the wastage in a precise manner. Drink water to the maximum, it is the cheapest and most valuable for getting hydrated. Drinks like tea, coffee, beer, fresh fruit juices also reduce the risk of the birth of kidney stones.
But there are foods and drinks that should be avoided, like a canned soda, it could be sugar-sweetened or artificially sweetened, alcoholic beverages, soft drinks due to their phosphoric acid content etc. All these increase the risk of kidney stones formation.
2. Drink Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is another drink that is cheap and quite effective in breaking down any lumps formed near or in the kidney. It dissipates the calcium deposits and snubs their further growth. 2 lemons should be squeezed into 150ml of water and drunk early in the morning on an empty stomach and the same quantity a few hours before dinner, it will help liquidate your clout.
Be alert while choosing juices – you should pay some attention to its ingredients. It is rare, but some lemon juices contain small amounts of lemon juice and a large amount of sweeteners to make it taste better, forget about all these. These increase the risk of acquiring a kidney stone. It is much better to buy fresh lemons and squeeze them into a glass of water and then drink. It is the best way to get authentic lemon juice.
3. Wheatgrass juice: This is another useful remedy to flush out the kidney stones. It has compounds that make frequent urine production very feasible. Thus the kidney stones are flushed out along with the urine. It also contains antioxidants that get rid of salts and minerals, which are stuck in the urinary tract.
These can be beneficial if you drink 60ml to 250ml of wheatgrass juice every day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar: It is the best choice for dissolving the calcium deposits because it contains citric acid. If you have 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in 250ml of water, it can certainly prevent the birth of kidney stone. You can take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one glass of water, twice in a day, one of it in the morning before your breakfast.
5. Basil (Tulsi in Hindi): It controls the uric acid levels, making it tough for kidney stones to take shape. It has another ingredient called acetic acid, which helps wither away the kidney stones. 1 teaspoon of authentic Basil juice can be extracted from its leaves and drunk daily. You can grow Basil plants in your kitchen garden, to be sure about getting the authentic juice after grinding its leaves.
6. Extra-virgin Olive Oil: It is a thick and greasy oil, which lubricates the urinary tract and makes the passage very feasible for a kidney stone A 150ml of Olive oil should be had early in the morning and in the late afternoon, better be precise about the timing. You should take two tablespoons daily before your meal. It can get you more advantages if taken regularly at a particular time. It will surely get rid of the pain and make you more comfortable.
7. Pomegranate Juice: A juice that is extremely tasty and it has a history of removing kidney stones. It is famous for flushing out the stones and many other toxins from your body. It is packed with antioxidants, which keep the kidneys in a good shape and don’t let kidney stones emerge. It nips the kidney stone in the bud. It also reduces the level of acidity in the urine, so you don’t run into the risk of any future growth of kidney stones. You can drink as much juice as you can, as it doesn’t have a restriction, but ‘more the merrier’.
But it has some curtailments, better avoid it if you are ingesting any medicines for your liver, blood pressure or a statin drug to lower the cholesterol level.
If the pain doesn’t die, it will be better to see your doctor as the pain keeps increasing with the passage of time. A number of kidney stones can be treated with liquid therapy, but some get stuck in the urinary tract and cause pain. Later on, these ruin the tissues of the urinary tract. You can consult your doctor regarding its extraction. He/she will guide you better.
Guest post by Dr. Vikram Chauhan, MD – AYURVEDA – an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda Ancient healing treatment, not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic, and Krishna Herbal Company.