Breakfast eating habits are as diverse as the people who eat them. Having a rich and nutritious breakfast is the best thing we can do for our morning. It is a nutritious and delectable way to start the day. After all, the first meal of your day is the one that makes or breaks your day.
Some people think that skipping breakfast will assist them in losing their weight. But that is just a huge myth. It’s unwise to subscribe to that without proper knowledge of what happens when you skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast is just like having a very unhealthy breakfast.
Breakfast not only improves our mental functionality, metabolism rate but also helps to maintain a healthy weight and protect us from diseases. In this modern world, we don’t have time to eat breakfast in the morning. Moreover, some people think that by skipping breakfast they can abstain from adding extra calories to their eating routine and lose weight.
In actuality, these are not substantial motivations to skip breakfast. Making time for breakfast will help to give a healthy life and actually help to lose weight. When you skip breakfast, it can act as a “nutritional boomerang” and adversely affect your mental and physical state, both in the short and long haul.
To have breakfast is the most ideal approach to kick start your metabolism, this is the biggest key to get successful weight loss.
- Health Maintenance: A healthy, nutritious breakfast maintains our health and provides a multitude of health benefits. People who eat proper breakfast every day are less effected by diabetes and cardiovascular infections. The most interesting finding research has shown is that people who tend to skip breakfast have more chances of higher blood pressure and being obese at an older age.
- Kickstarts Metabolism: Eating breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, furnishes your body with essential nutrients, maintains a healthy weight, and protects you from diseases. After a full night’s sleep, the body needs fuel and vitality to begin initiating its system and organs. If your body doesn’t get appropriate vitality, the body feels frail, less attentive, tired, sleepy, exhausted, experiences headaches, and is unable to concentrate.
- Weight reduction and hunger: People who are attempting to lose weight skip breakfast thinking that the calories they don’t eat will lessen their overall intake. This plan actually backfires, because when you starve the body of food and nutrients it really clutches fat, burning calories much slower to conserve energy. Many studies have also shown an inverse correlation between maintaining a healthy weight and eating Breakfast, namely those who eat in the morning have a lower weight than others who skip breakfast.
- Brain Functionality: It has been proved that eating breakfast improves brain functionality, level of concentration, mood, and mental capabilities. Breakfast should include carbohydrates because the brain uses glucose as a sole source of energy. Breakfast foods consisting of simple carbohydrates include doughnuts, cereal bars, white bread, sugary cereals, bagels. These sorts of foods are stacked with sugar and usually have a high number of calories, which spikes your blood glucose levels. Choose complex carbohydrates such as those found in oatmeal, whole grain and brown rice. On the other hand, skipping breakfast will lead to irritation, weakness, and mental fuzziness.
When we eat breakfast, our body feels nourished and satisfied, making us far less likely to overeat during the rest of the day.
Common Reasons to Skip Breakfast:
- No time for breakfast
- Not feeling hungry in the first part of the day
- Like to do exercises instead of breakfast
- Don’t like breakfast food
These are the most common reasons that people use to justify their skipping of breakfast.
As we all knew time is precious for us. If time is the issue then there are many breakfast options that are easy to make such as fruit juice, breakfast smoothie, No-Bake Breakfast Cookies, Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats, Almond Milk & Smoked Salmon, Orange, and Avocado Salads.
If you are not feeling hungry toward the beginning of the day, the reason may be that you ate too much the night before. As studies say, eat dinner like a homeless person. An overfilled stomach affects your ability to get sleep. More so, morning exercise is not as effective without breakfast. Most people like to exercise in the morning for the very same reason they should eat breakfast, to raise their metabolism and burn extra calories.
Impact of Skipping breakfast
- A higher level of bad cholesterol.
- Increases the risk of breast cancer
- Increases the risk of obesity
- Blood pressure problems
- Increased risk of heart disease and stroke
- Bad breath
So if you belong to the “excusers”, pleas educate yourself further that eating a high fiber breakfast can help to reduce your risk for disease and start your day off on the right track. There is no excuse for you to not make that lifestyle change starting tomorrow morning.