Nowadays, people frequently ask the question of how to treat constipation? If you are constipated, then it means your bowel movements are tough and even happen less frequently than normal. It is usually not serious, and you will feel much better when your body comes back on track.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is a medical condition in which you have irregular bowel movements and even your feces have a hard time coming out of the body. If you defecate less than three times a week, then it means you are constipated.
Constipation is harmless, but it is essential to find constipation treatment. Constipation can happen to anyone, and it may occur when there is no sign of another illness.
What Causes Constipation?
There are few major causes of constipation:
- A low fibre diet
- Lack of water
- Lack of exercise
- Changing in physical activities
- Milk or Cheese (when you eat in bulk)
Before knowing how to treat constipation, you should be aware of the symptoms of constipation.
Symptoms of Constipation:
Here are some symptoms:
- Difficulty in passing
- When you have less than 3 bowel movements (per week)
- Less than 1 bowel movements (per week but in severe cases)
- Lumpy or hardy, dry, and small stools
Well – from above you unfold both questions: what is constipation and what causes constipation? Even from above you also come to know about some common symptoms of constipation.
Now, it’s time to find out how to treat constipation. Stop worrying! You can treat it with the natural remedies for constipation. There are plenty of home remedies for constipation through which you can easily treat this condition.
How to Treat Constipation – Explore The Home Remedies for Constipation:
Get ready to explore the natural remedies for constipation:
Prunes are the ever best ingredient that is rich in
- 2 glasses of prune juice
What to Do?
- You should drink one glass in the early morning and one before going to bed
- Alternatively, you can also eat a couple of prunes
- You should repeat the same process once a day and you’ll enjoy immediate relief from constipation
As mentioned above, the lack of fiber is the most common cause of constipation. So, there is a need to take in optimum amounts of fiber in your daily diet. You should eat high fiber content in each meal. When you intake high fiber food, then there are no chances to get constipated.
- Fibre-rich foods (maximum 2 cups)
What to Do?
- You should at least 2 cups of foods which are rich in fiber on a daily basis
- These foods include whole grains, brown rice, oats, broccoli, apricots, nuts, apples, potatoes, and beans.
- Do this process and get long-lasting relief from constipation
Castor oil is amazing for treating constipation. This ingredient is most effective when taken on an empty stomach. It helps to relief from constipation within a few hours.
- Castor oil
What to Do?
- Take 1 tsp of castor oil in the morning when your stomach is empty
- Alternatively, you can also mix the castor oil with lemon juice or with a glass of warm milk
- Repeat the same process on a daily basis to get the effective result
Don’t take castor oil for more than seven days. If you can’t get relief, then consult your doctor.
Herbal tea contains natural laxatives which make stools easy to pass. The experts also highly recommend herbal teas to treat constipation. The herbal tea’s laxative properties are very effective in curing constipation. The best kinds of herbal teas are as follows:
- Green tea
- Peppermint tea
- Black tea
- Herbal tea leaves or granules
- Warm Water
What to Do?
- First, boil the water
- Take herbal tea leaves or granules and add it into the warm water
- Allow these leaves to sit for a maximum of 30 minutes, then drink it
- You should drink three to four cups a day
Thankfully – from the above remedies, you have a good idea on how to treat constipation with natural remedies