No human being on this planet is motivated 100% of the time. Whether you like it or not, there will always be times when you go through low times, feeling dull or unmotivated. It’s a natural part of life and it happens to everyone.
I’m sure you can relate to this as well. If by any chance you have never experienced a lack of motivation in your life, please tell the world how you do it, you’ll do humanity a huge favor 🙂
This is especially true in fitness since the majority of the people nowadays find it very difficult to be consistent in exercising or working out, due to lapses in motivation. Just imagine if people were motivated all the time; being fit wouldn’t be a big deal at all.
Now, we may not be able to easily avoid times when we feel unmotivated, but we can certainly come back stronger and strive to be regularly motivated again.
Resilience is key.
In attempts to seek motivation and inspiration, people usually lean towards movies, songs, quotes, speeches, etc. Different people prefer different types of inspiration, fitness motivation, or fitspiration, if you will.
In this post, we’ve compiled 33 highly inspiring and motivating fitness quotes from different famous personalities, to get you fired up and pumped up for your fitness goals.
Tip: Bookmark this page to regularly get inspired by these quotes. You can also print the quote images and turn them into stickers or bookmarks to keep you inspired – be creative!
- “Take care of your body, and the rest will automatically become stronger.” – Chuang Tzu
- “In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up.” – Rich Froning Jr
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “You shall gain, but you shall pay with sweat, blood, and vomit.” – Pavel Tsatsouline
- “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” – Joe Namath
- “If you push me towards a weakness, I will turn that weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
- “No matter how good you get you can always get better and that’s the exciting part.” – Tiger Woods
- “Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory.” – Bill Russell
- “What hurts today, makes you stronger tomorrow.” – Jay Cutler
- “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryan
- “If you think lifting is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous. ” – Bret Contreras
- “A fit, healthy body – that is the best fashion statement.” – Jess Scott
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Being weak is a choice, so is being strong.” – Frank Zane
- “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” – Joan Welsh
- “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “You can have results or excuses, not both.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and are more useful in general.” – Mark Rippetoe
- “Appearance is a consequence of fitness.” -Mark Twight
- “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right!” – Henry Ford
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred Devito
- “A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.” – Lou Ferigno
- “Exercise is more than just physical – it’s therapeutic.” – Michelle Obama
- “You have to push past your perceived limits, push past that point you thought was as far as you can go.” – Drew Brees
- “A feeble body weakens the mind.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “Do the things you fear the most and fear will move out of the way.” – Elliot Hulse
- “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” – Kerri Walsh Jennings
- “Success comes to those who persevere, not to those who complain and give up.” – Jim Wendler
- “The most important body part is the mind. With the will and know-how, you can perform near miracles.” – Stuart McRobert
- “You can’t go wrong with strong.” – Ben Bruno
Let me guess? You must be really pumped up after reading these.
Remember to let this motivation last! Whenever you’re feeling low, feel free to revisit these quotes. You can bookmark this page, save the quote images, or even print the quotes, whatever is most convenient for you.
We’d love to know which are your favorite quotes from this list! Share them in the comments below. Also, If you know any quotes that you think should definitely be on this list, let us know in the comments!
What’s the fun in getting stronger and better alone? If you found the quotes in this post inspiring, go ahead and share it with your friends. Let’s get stronger together!